Flowers & Hat Boxes
- A hat box (inexpensive plain ones in wood, Paper Mache and cardboard can be found in most craft stores)
- Gold or antique white paint (if hat box is unpainted)
- Florist foam
- Fresh &/or silk flowers
How To Do It:
1) If the hat boxes are plain and unpainted, paint in your desired color and then gently sand to give a distressed look.
2) Affix using glue a round piece of florists foam to the top of the hat boxes lid.
3) Cut the flower stems t anywhere from 2 to 3 inches long and stick into the florist foam until the lid is covered in a mass of flowers.
4) Optional extras can include greenery, butterflies and ribbon bows tucked throughout the flowers and left peeking through. Creating a floral crown can also work on larger hat boxes for two gifts in one, see the DIY project here.
For a similar take on using hat boxes as gift wrap see my previous post on Fascinator themed gift boxes here and for more gift wrapping looks be sure to visit the gift design inspiration area of the blog.
Image: mam for Gave That