Friday, July 3, 2015
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Can you believe it's July already? The funny thing is this year on the east coast we were blessed with a spring that felt the way our summers do. Hot, steamy and hooky inducing. This meant an early start to outdoor festivals, entertaining and, my personal favorite, picnicking after a long bike ride. To kick off the BBQ and firework filled season ahead here is a personal fave to make, Nutella Campfire S'mores. Keep reading for the simple how-to:
THE RECIPE >
Friday, June 12, 2015
It also dawned on me that many of the things going on behind the scenes around here have already been featured on the blog. They've become a sort of tradition which definitely feel good to look forward to and finally get working on. That includes everything from being surprised by the first white water lily of the season to gathering roses to replenish a dwindling supply of organic rose water (so good for prickly heat and too much sun!). Here are a few more favorites:
- Gathering extra rose petals for creating rose perfumes with a hint of chocolate and vanilla
- Cooling down by dousing with neroli infused 4711 cologne
- Taking summer hats out of storage
- Making our own natural bug repellent using a surprising ingredient for garden party guests
- Summer and sailor bracelets goes together like peanut butter and jelly around these parts. Here is a super simple way to make them.
- Still in love with floral crowns? I am too especially for wedding and festival season. Here's how to easily fashion your own in a jiffy.
p.s... find out how summer time tastes around here with some favorite recipes.
Image: mam for Gave That
Friday, June 5, 2015
Keep reading for a simple gift idea harnessing the power of flowers (and what's inside those little boxes):
THE HOW-TO >
THE HOW-TO >