Make This Nail & Cuticle Oil for Mum
THE HOW-TO >
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (here I'm using Fractionated coconut oil by Pure Body Naturals as it never becomes cloudy or solidifies, it's completely scentless and it can last five years or more without refrigeration. It also sinks into the skin and cuticles quickly without leaving a greasy film on skin. Find it on Amazon)
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Argan oil (this one here by EAVO is both organic and cold pressed from Morocco and can be found on Amazon too. It has a thicker, more moisturizing feel to it compared to the coconut oil yet still absorbs quickly because as we know grease and touchscreens don't mix!)
- 15 drops of pure essential oil of lemon (this helps remove discoloration, especially on nails and helps them grow stronger)
- 2 heaping Tablespoons dried lavender buds or 5 drops of pure essential oil of lavender
- A sauce pan filled with water
- A heat safe bowl or mug
- A glass rod or non-metallic mixing spoon
- A glass dropper bottle, preferably dark brown or cobalt blue
Putting It All Together:
If using dried lavender you'll want to create a bain marie (double boiler) by filling a heavy bottom pot with water and bringing it to a gentile simmer. Combine your coconut oil with the dried lavender buds in a heat safe smaller bowl or mug and place it in the pot of hot water. Allow the oil to warm for 5 or 7 minutes and then remove the bain marie from the heat and allow the oil to cool. This method also works if you are using virgin raw coconut oil which has solidified. Skip this step if you're using essential oil or lavender or your coconut oil is already in a liquid state.
Once completely cooled strain off the dried lavender and mix in your Argan oil and essential oil of lemon. Decant into dropper bottles and you're done!
To use drop one or two drops of oil on finger tips and rub into tips of fingers. Thanks to massaging this oil in daily I've been experiencing zero pesky hangnails and my nails look so much healthier.
Image: mam for Gave That