Making a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree
What You Will Need:
- A sprig of evergreen from the craft store or the Christmas decoration area
- A medium sized red glass Christmas ball ornament
- Large popsicle sticks or tongue depressors
- A piece of blue cloth or a micro fiber wash cloth
- A hot glue gun
- A small zip lock bag filled with sand
How To Put It Together:
Step 1) Using the hot glue gun form the wooden popsicle sticks into a base. Mine is in a snow flake pattern but you can do a cross hatch pattern more in keeping with Charlie Brown's tree.
Step 2) Take the sprig of evergreen and push it through the middle of your wooden base. Bend the bottom of the stem to form a flat loop. Hot glue to the underside of the wooden base.
Step 3) is just about manipulating the branches to get the bent over, weathered look and attaching the little Christmas ornament to the top. Arrange Linus' blanket over the base and that's it!
"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love."—Linus van Pelt
Merry Christmas everyone!
Image: mam for Gave That