DIY Antique Frame Jewelry Organizer
- A picture frame
- Burlap fabric or try lace or velvet
- Little push pin hooks (mine are by Hillman, find similar ones here and more ornate Flur de lis ones here)
- Heavy card stock
How To Do It:
1) If the frame comes with glass this can be a helpful template to trace around for cutting both the burlap fabric and the card board. Mine didn't so I traced the inside opening instead.
2) Using the tracing made on a piece of paper from above, cut out the card board and then add 1/2 inch extra to the piece of fabric so the sizes can be folded and wrapped around the card backing. Attach the fabric to the card with glue or staple if the sides will be hidden by the frame.
3) The easy part is adding the fabric card to the picture frame and securing with glue or with the backing that comes with the frame. Then the little push pin hooks are poked through the fabric, into the card. I found it better to get their placement after the fabric backing was already in the frame. These were very sturdy as is but to really make them stay in place some a drop of crazy glue behind each hook works well.
Jewelry pictured by Chan Luu (earrings), Alex & Ani (bracelet), Ceek (cross necklace) and vintage
Images: mam for Gave That