Recipe - Baked Pecan Apples
Baked Butter Pecan Apples
This warm dish of sweet and buttery apples is perfect for a fall get together or potluck!
- 4 Baking Apples
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Rum flavoring extract
- 2 teaspoons Buttershots Butterscotch Schnapps (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped Pecans
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or coconut oil
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.Prepare apples by cleaning thoroughly and coring. Rub the outside with as much butter as needed to coat the skin. In a separate bowl, blend rum, Buttershots, sugars and spices well. Roll buttered apples in the dry mixture until fully coated. Place in cake pan, Dutch oven or oven safe bowl. In a bowl combine raisins, nuts, syrup and any remaining sugar and spice coating mixture. Fill the cored centers of the apples with this mixture and top with 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine. Add water to bottom of cooking container and bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until the apples skin has split and apple meat is tender. Serve warm.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4
- Red Velvet Pancakes